Thursday, June 14, 2012

If I had any fears

They would concern my brother. In fact, they do concern him. I am scared, an emotion I hate almost as much as anger. I am scared, that he is just like me. He is just like me. I am the big brother and my job is to protect him no matter the cost. To do everything within my power to make sure he is alright, yet I cannot protect him from myself. I certainly cannot protect him from himself. He is so much more than me, and as the days pass I am beginning to learn he is darker than I am. As I say darkness I do not refer to some sort of evil, but instead I am referring to his conception of the world. He consults me while writings his songs, I suppose he is seeking my approval, he likes my opinions and uplifting comliments. And I do, I most certainly do. He is good, perhaps better than I am at writing poetry even now. I even believe he has a better grasp on the concept of constructing his poems and songs too. Every time he consults me each song becomes darker and darker. I fear it may be due to the lack of closeness between us in the past year. We have most certainly drifted, but he also is not so eager to talk to me as he used to be. It scares me to think that he finds the end as inviting as I do. Because I do not know what is holding him back while I know precisely what keeps me from peace. I know that part of it is shared through Brad, and that he understands the selfishness of such a deed but I do not think he has found some sort of purpose as I have. Though it is not much to live on, it is something. Something that keeps you from the darkness at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment