Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Fool I am to Think

This is another poem that I actually just did here on the spot, from a silly memory as a little boy and now a current feeling. Though I must say it is quite awful. Perhaps I should have waited on publishing it by touching it up. But I can always tend to those later. It also has a line from a song that I like. and a slight LotR reference xD (the movies though)


The girl of whom I wish is but a dream,
Not that she does not exist,
Quite the opposite
I've memorized her smile lines,
From left to right,
She knows not mine,
No more than friendship might.

Taunt my thoughts as they fly,
Silly girl you cannot see I,
Selfishness grows as greenery
I seek to scour, it cannot be seen.
The vines they grow, they grip my mind
Hack and saw and slash and burn,
I have not the might.
Entrapped in green, wreathed in flame
Oh pure delight!

Patience boy, patience now,
Blow out your candle,
Sleep through the night.
Back to dreams and pure delight,
A world where all is right.
A world where you are her knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment