Monday, March 19, 2012

My Brother

My Brother
My Purpose
My Life
As are all that I hold close. They are the ropes that position me to the ground. The binds that forbid my departure. They are the lashes that drive me forward. Not of pain, but the desire to do them something. To be as selfless as I possibly can. To be as selfless as at least a Western cultured thinker can be. My purpose, my duty is to serve those I care about. The people who's lives I impact. Those that hold me dear and those that I myself hold close. It is my job, my purpose, my duty, and my life to serve them, to bring them a step closer to happiness. I perhaps will never understand a person's desire to live no matter the cost, but although I cannot understand that, it does not mean I am against it. I want to understand. For now though, I can do no more than serve my purpose as best as I can, until or if I find myself with another.

A piece of advice:
Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse- Read that book. Do it. Even now I am deciphering more from it. It has so much to say in so few pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment